Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!!
My books came in and so far I have read Lady Susan, Mansfield Park and of course my favorite Pride and Prejudice. I have 4 more to go and just love Jane Austen's writing more and more.
Conversations, wit, morals, sense, education and development of the stories are wonderful because with her books you don't know where she will end them yes they normally end with "happily ever after" but not necessarily the same happily ever after you wanted at the beginning.
Not only that but the journey is worth the trip full of fun, pain, growth and love.
With Mansfield Park I was pleasantly surprised the movie had taken more liberties with the book then I had supposed and I am finding it a deeper and richer gem then I had hoped for.

Snow here has piled up around us making it easier to spend time inside reading however I am still exercising and watching what I eat so the pounds are still coming off me - which I am so happy my hope for the holidays was to not gain weight this year and so far in one month I have dropped from a size 22 to a size 20.
I have more energy everyday and a strong desire to keep going (I used to be a size 5 before my daughters pregnancy made me happy just to be alive).
Any way Christmas decorations are being packed up and put away til the ending of this year.
I only wonder what this year has in store for us??? Who knows what will happen.
May your New Year be bright and full of wonderful surprises.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate This Blog