Monday, December 22, 2008

Fraud - Double booking???



Tis the season to hop on a plane on visit family. All across America families are queuing up to visit or to take a well deserved holiday, but what waits in store for them? Long lines, their personal belongings riffled through even their shoes checked and all liquids over 3 oz's thrown out. Not to mention extra hidden costs, no meals or drinks, no pillows, no blankets heck not even peanuts are being offered by some. Some even charge to check even one bag, but something even worse waits in store for 10-15% of those people who wake up, pack there bags and stand in those really longs lines and I can sum it all up in just one word - Double booking. I am not talking about those traveling stand by I am talking about those that bought a seat on a plane who believed that they spent good money for a good ticket only to be turned away.
In my mind I see this as nothing short of fraud.
So how do they decide who gets bounced? First come first serve? single passengers, those that are not making a connecting flight? If I pay for something I want what I paid for if I pay for 3 day shipping I want 3 day shipping, if I pay for a seat on an airplane leaving at a certain time I expect my bum to be in that seat at that time.

fraud           Listen to the pronunciation of fraud
Pronunciation:\ˈfrȯd\Function: noun Etymology:
Middle English fraude, from Anglo-French, from Latin fraud-, fraus
Date: 14th century
1 a: deceit , trickery ; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : trick2 a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : impostor ; also : one who defrauds : cheat b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to be
synonyms see deception, imposture

or another definition

Definition of Fraud

All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated.

Source: Black’s Law Dictionary, 5th ed., by Henry Campbell Black, West Publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1979.


1 comment:

parvina said...

After reading your article you must know what I have written here chronic appendicitis back pain .This one is being written after getting inspiration from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate This Blog