Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seasons of Time



What my yard looked like yesterday
I was so happy with my new camera I ran around shooting silly shots of no consequence.
What it looks like now!
It snowed and rained all night long! 
Winter has struck and it appears to have no intention of leaving.



The only serious problem with this is the sad fact
is that my Big Sis will not be able to join us for Thanksgiving.
Last year with all the early snow we had it made their journey
not only inconvenient, but expensive and trying.

Utah seems to be moving towards only having two seasons a year - 
9 months of winter and 3 months of summer!
Last year winter started at the end of October and was still snowing in June!
As this is our second snow this week (but the only one that stuck)
I must think that winter has again come early.


I also promised a few good friends to post pictures of our new van.
Here it is! Don't you just love it?

As you can tell I am in love with my new camera! 
I am in the process of learning of its in and outs.

Now that I have a working camera again I am sure that I will be on more!

2 comments:

highheeledlife said...

YAY! That you are enjoying the new camera!!!

:( sad that you have gotten all that snow..OMYGOSH!!! I know too well the challenges of family leaving far away (mine are 4 plus hours) and in the unpredictable weather and travel can easily double and triple - should one be silly to attempt the roads (I'm guilty of getting home for the holidays - no matter the weather, of course that was pre-accident and the realization of the consequences if one is injured).

I am sending a little prayer to the Angels and Him above that the weather is clear and safe for your family to travel and spend the holidays with you,AND that it remains good for their return trip home.

My parents prayed every week-end while I was in hospital for good travelling weather.. so they would be able to make the long journey each week to see me. That year the week-ends were good for travelling - snowing during the week and clearing in time for their trip. Interestingly after I was home it often snowed on the week-ends during March and April...

Stay warm and hugs to you..xo HHL

Unknown said...

My in laws are in for a shock! Most of them have never seen snow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate This Blog