Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines 2013

First off - Happy Birthday to my Sweet Sister Dawn Marie! I love you!


For the holiday I helped make both of my children's Valentines Day "boxes".
Prissy's is actually a soup can I painted and then she added stickers too.
G'man's was the funnest box I have ever done. Thanks to pinterest, I found several variations of the Monster box and had lots of fun creating a monster for my son.
He LOVED it! and he won the best box award!

I also, to celebrate, did my nails yesterday. I also got this tip from pinterest to use a freezer bag to help make the shapes before adding them to your nails!
Thank you pinterest!


Prissy also has a "special" friend over today. She likes him, he likes her... yeah its rough being a mom.
However, as I won't let me daughter date so being special friends is as close as its getting.
N had a rough day today, some of his friends left his jump roping team and stole several of his other team mates as well.
So today he started training Prissy and G'man.
I told him good luck.

G'man - he would do amazing if he would settle down to take directions.
Prissy - she is my shining star, my love, but her balance.... well she got that from her Auntie. (okay and a little bit of it from me)
But N likes her and wants to spend time with her - and have a jump roping team - so I said good luck.

Now I am not much for this over the top lovey dovey day. I don't mind hanging a heart on my door and doing my nails.
The rest has always been my sisters birthday day and I am okay with that.

I don't like flowers - they make it hard for me to breathe.
I don't like expensive jewelry as I am allergic to gold and silver.
I don't like Chocolate's (well I will take a little bit) because I am FAT.
I don't like Pink.
I don't like Red.

My hubby has it easy with me. Once before we were married he bought me a pearl necklace. I love it. It has silver and is now waiting for my daughter to grow up.

I am cooking a special dinner tonight as we did our special Chinese dinner over the weekend.
After that its life as usual.

So for those over the top lovey dovey people... good for you. I however, would rather have my hubby treat me like an angel all the days of the year than waste it all on one day. (or wasting our money)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate This Blog