Friday, March 16, 2012

Allergies and Me





A few months ago I mentioned that I was thinking of buying one of these as I have a hard time wanting to wear a medical bracelet.
Two months ago I got the silver one in the mail.
Now despite the photo above they are plastic - not very sturdy but still well made.
I love mine!



It goes everywhere with me and I don't even have to think about it!
Now as for my daughter - we still have to get her back for her second appointment with the allergist and find a dermatologist. The fun just never ends.
As soon as all of her testing is done we will be getting her both a bracelet AND a an id card with all the rest of her allergies as its really too impossible to fit everything she is allergic to on a bracelet.
For Littleman we are still debating on whether or not he needs a bracelet stating he can not have any food with dyes.
Main problem is I don't think many people will actually pay attention to it, nor would he encourage them too. Lets face it how many 5 year olds do you know that would say, No I can't have skittles, suckers, or Easter Egg candies...
This is still something we are working on how to address - ideas will be pinned, thought out, hashed over, until something clicks that will work for all of us.
For now I am just trying to change our daily groceries to match, taking it one day and one product at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate This Blog