Sunday, May 30, 2010

Is a banana an Herb?


Alright I read today that a banana was an herb, wanting more clarification of how it was put in that category I did a quick search.


It seems that by all accounts its the fruit of an Herb (still considered fruit LOL). By US Tariff standards its a fruit.
The confusion comes in the fact that, although, banana tree's are called trees and can grow to an amazing height of forty feet tall it is not made of wood. Hence the defining it of an Herb, not to mention the leaves are used in cooking and for flavoring. Herb, Herb, Herb...with seedless fruit.

So my conclusion is calling them fruit still fits, fruit of an Herb is still FRUIT - Love it! And yes I really, really don't have anything better to do with my time then to research such weird things... of course your reading it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate This Blog